PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (including, where applicable, information relating to payment details), and including your name, email address, contact telephone numbers, date of birth, bank account and credit card details. We may collect this information at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information about your use of our platform including your choices, play and results.
- If you contact us, we may keep a written or electronic record of any communication.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
If we do not collect this information, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you have requested from us.
We generally collect this information directly from you where this is reasonable and practical, but may collect information from the game provider of the game you decide to play, from our related bodies corporate, marketing organisations that provide us potential customer information, online platforms and other third parties.
If you provide personal information to us about someone else you must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned has consented to the collection, use and disclosure of their information by us.
2. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3. Where we store your personal information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Our purpose in collecting personal information
We use your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided such as registering you on our platform and transacting with you, for reasonably related secondary purposes, any other purpose you have consented to and any other purpose permitted under applicable laws. This may include using information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the services you request.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (including third party products and services), where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To publish information relating to your performance on our site (for example, but without limitation, for use on leader boards and league tables).
- For complaints handling purposes.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. If you don't provide us with your personal information we will not be able to provide you with our services and manage our relationship with you.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we may use your information described above.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Such as our affiliates, business partners, advertising partners, mailing and printing houses, IT providers, analytics providers, professional advisors and other service providers.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we (or our assets) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held about customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To overseas recipients as described in section 3 above.
If we make a disclosure to a third party for a purpose described above, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party does not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
7. Access to information
You may have the right to access or correct information held about you in accordance with applicable law. There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information, such as where the request relates to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding or if your request is vexatious.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 6 months.
10. Contact and complaints
We will seek to manage any complaints received in a timely manner (usually within 30 days), and provide you with a response to your complaint. If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you may seek resolution by contacting the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner.